Find tips and resources for success learning online during this evolving COVID-19 situation.
- If you are need of a laptop computer, the library has a limited number available for check out. Contact NIUlibBook@niu.edu and include your Z-ID and full name in the email to set up a time to pick up a computer. Supplies are limited.
- Until further notice, all Xfinity Wi-Fi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas. Non-Xfinity subscribers need to accept Terms and Conditions to access the network and repeat when requested to continue to receive free unlimited access. Please refer to the map for available public hotspots.
- The state of Illinois has developed a drive up Wi-Fi map tool that provides users with a map of all avilable Wi-Fi hotspots. This tool includes the following information for each Wi-Fi hotspot: general instructions for using; specifics for logging in; and turn by turn driving directions through a link to Google Maps.
- For availability of computer labs on campus visit Technology Labs page on Division of IT Technology website
Online Learning Tips
- Did you know you can import your Blackboard course calendars into your personal Outlook calendar? More details are provided here. NEW
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Student Emergency Fund
Limited grants are available for students impacted by COVID-19 for technology purchases. Learn more and apply »
Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Online Courses
When registering for online classes in MyNIU, you'll see the terms "synchronous" and "asynchronous". Learn more about what these terms mean.